We are looking forward to a great Fall season! Each of our teams will be ‘named’ after one of the Barclay’s Premier League teams from the UK! Their team t-shirts will match a team from the English Premier League! So, get ready to play Manchester United vs. Stoke or Everton vs. Fulham! This will be a cool t-shirt for your player as well. One they’ll want to wear every time they pick up a soccer ball!
For more details regarding age appropriate US Youth Soccer Guidelines, please visit the US Youth Soccer Site
TEAMS & ROSTERS CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE:Fall 2013 Intramural Program ROSTER
GAME SCHEDULES CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE: Fall 2013 Game Schedule
EQUIPMENT SUGGESTED FOR YOUR PLAYER:
- Cleats: NOT REQUIRED but recommended for proper traction.
- Shin Guards: REQUIRED. We cannot let a child play without proper shin and ankle protection
- Soccer Socks. REQUIRED to cover shin guards
- Soccer Ball: NOT REQUIRED, but SIZE 3 is US Soccer Association recommended
- Water Bottle: Always a great idea
COACHES CLINIC & MEETING:
- SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 8th: 5:00 – 7:00 PM @ Garnet Valley MIDDLE SCHOOL. Please meet at the field behind the school, near the pool.
All volunteer coaches should attend. We will provide your teams, t-shirts and equipment. We will also provide practice plans and discuss how to run an effective youth practice. NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. This session will be run by our intramural staff and Director of Coaching, Jim Wallace. If you volunteered to coach you will get a separate email from the club intramural director, John Fecile regarding details.
FIRST TEAM PRACTICE: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10th. Due to the outstanding response we had to split practice sessions for 4 year olds and 5+. Please note your practice time below. Your coach will also communicate any additional information.
- Tuesday, 9/10: 5:15 – 6:15 PM for 4 YEAR OLD TEAMS ONLY! This will be the standing practice time.
- Tuesday, 9/10 6:30 – 7:30 for 5 – 8 Year Old Teams. This time will adjust to account for daylight savings.
FIRST GAMES! SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER, 14th @ Garnet Valley Middle School (rear field); between 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM. Schedules posted here
Any questions can be directed to John Fecile at firstname.lastname@example.org